All languages that people speak today import new words from other languages every day. Unless you are a linguist, you probably don’t realize that all languages have “rules” (even if they aren’t written) for how to import words from foreign languages.
Archive for March, 2013
Why Russian and Korean are Phonetic, but English and French Aren’t
Why You Probably Can’t Identify Your Voice in a New Language
When we listen to the sound of our own recorded voices, most of us have no trouble recognizing ourselves. We usually think that we don’t really sound like that, but we almost always recognize ourselves.
- 9b. How Your Fear of Losing Money Can Help You Learn
- Video – What is Language Learning?
- A Shortcut to Learning a Language: The Right Attitude
- Magic Phrases for Language Learners
- Mistakes Are Good
- The Number One Cause of Language Learning Failure
- Should You Take a Traditional Language Class?
- Why Beginners Should Lead When Learning A New Language
- Seven Secrets to Permanent Language Learning
- Unusual Jewelry — Helps You Learn Faster
- Warning: Skip This Step and Your Time With a Language Tutor Will Be Wasted
- The Common Thing That Will Destroy the Value of Language Study You Have Already Done!
- Can You Learn French Faster by Playing Monopoly?
- Should You Learn Spanish While Driving?
- How to Get Over Jet Lag
- How I Have Incredibly Pleasant Language Experiences
- How to Learn Faster
- How to Not Be Bored While Studying
- How Use Your Current Habits to Help You Start Your Language Study Habit
- If You Meditated Like the Dalai Lama Could You Learn Spanish Faster?
- Important Book for Travelers: Drunks, Drugs & Debits – Free for Customers
- How to Teach Your Son or Daughter a Foreign Language – Even if You Don’t Speak It
- Should You Learn a Language Like a Child?
- Skilled Raeders Can Raed Things Spleled Very Bdadly
- Skip This Common Activity and You’ll Learn Your Language Three Times Faster
- The Bad News About Human Memory
- The Three Secrets of Language Learning
- Two Signs of Language Genius
- Why Copying Mel Gibson’s Scottish Accent in Brave Heart Can Help You Learn Spanish Faster!
- Why Free Programs Don’t Work as Well as Ones You Pay For
- Why You Shouldn’t Tell Your Friends That You are Learning a Language
- Why You Will Never Learn any Spanish Tomorrow
- Shameless Self-Promotion: Four Reasons Why Language101.com is Better